2011年10月15日星期六

My first football game




I watched my cousin's high school football game yesterday. It was the first time that I watch a football game - of course, those times when i peeked at the TV don't count. I'm surprised that I was from OSU - if there is ever an alumni test I will fail without question.

Little kids were fighting on the grounds. Little kids were singing and dancing and waiving colorful pom poms. Little kids were acting Harry Potter so devotedly over some bad microphones. Balloons were flying high into the dark sky - my eyes were hurt by the shining football field light.

I was moved by a losing game - 3:21. I looked at these kids and I feel I was once young. We used to be so devoted no matter what the results were. We used to believe what we believe, so stubborn and yet hopeful for a bright future. What happened to the time elapsed? Time is a thief, stealing the precious. Time is water drops, etching away so many things without us noticing.

Nobody likes to be old. Young people likes to be called grown ups. Old people grasp the tail of time and wants to be called with a young heart.

I thought a lot. I still couldn't figure out how they ruled the game, but that didn't really matter. I sort of started to envy those kids - I felt like traveling back to my high school years and saw the 17 year old me - I want to talk to her.

She looked up from her desk and gazed upon me. Then she laughed and ran through me, swirling up some dust, through the slant of light,  in this normal winter afternoon.

2 条评论:

  1. Courage to the young!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9myoXFk-O4U

    I wonder why the music is so sad when it is singing about "two of us".
    Love, About Its Loneliness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEIPEFMpTs

    回复删除
  2. I've heard of the first one! It is very exciting and grand.

    I like the second one, although I couldn't understand the lyrics. But it fits the title well...

    Here is a vocalist version of two of us:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06UdLWCpOqk

    回复删除